One of the first pipes I made and the only one not made of briar that I can smoke. It has held up fine. Cheated on the stem,used a Grabow filter stem. It is made from Mulberry.
This is my take of a Dr. Grabow shape 25. It was made from a predrilled block that came from the Dr. Grabow factory in Sparta,NC. This one was gifted to a friend.
This one was also made from a pre-drilled block from Sparta. The aluminum shank extension was borrowed from a Grabow. The stem came from an old Yellobole. Tenon was replaced with a Grabow Ajustomatic tenon and the Yellobole stem logo was removed and replaced with a round aluminum "dot". A friend at the DGCF bought this one.
This is the only "freehand" style pipe I have made.The block it was cut from was actually a scrap piece that came with a kit pipe I bought off Ebay. Had several large cracks that I was able to work around. A friend at the DGCF bought it.
This one was also made from a Sparta pre-drilled block. The stem was a vulcanite blank. I traded this one to a friend at the DGCF for some tools.
This one I drilled myself. Bought several blocks on Ebay a couple years ago. Rustication was done with a tiny dental bur in a Dremel. I was trying to copy the look of the Grabow "wire carved" pipes. The shank cracked when I was trying to fit the stem,which was a vulcanite blank. Gonna send it out to a pro for banding one of these days.